The complex regime of VAT regulations can impose a tremendous administrative burden on businesses and mistakes can be costly.
Alexander Sloan’s VAT service is based primarily on compliance and reporting. We carry out preparation of VAT returns based on your bookkeeping records, or can perform a review of your VAT return before submission, we can file your VAT return through our Making Tax Digital bridging software, and will consider any improvements to your VAT accounting systems when preparing financial statements.
We can also advise and assist on certain matters in relation to VAT:
- The pros and cons of voluntary registration
- The timing of compulsory registration
- Extracting maximum benefit from the rules on de-registration
- Partial exemption rules
- Timing and delaying VAT payments
- Flat rate VAT scheme
- VAT control visits by Customs and Excise
For more complex VAT matters requiring highly specialist knowledge, we work closely with a VAT Consultant and, to ensure we look out for your best interests, we will refer your organisation to our VAT Consultant if we consider it necessary.