Tax – Corporate
We can conduct a full tax review of your business and determine the most efficient tax structure for you. As with any other area of taxation, it is essential to be proactive and plan ahead when dealing with corporation tax.
In this way you can:
- Minimise your corporation tax liabilities
- Make the most of any available reliefs, tax losses and deferment opportunities
- Ensure you meet all your deadlines and file your returns correctly, thereby avoiding any potential penalties
In addition to helping you with your corporate tax planning we can also represent you in any communication with the tax authorities.
We offer a range of services to help you minimise your corporate tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation. These include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self assessment
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities
Having HM Revenue and Customs conduct an investigation on your personal or business affairs can be lengthy, stressful and costly – no one is immune or exempt from the tax authorities taking a more detailed look at your accounts or tax returns. It is essential that we work alongside you throughout any enquiry which experience shows can last for two or more years.
We aim to draw any enquiry to a speedy conclusion and to minimise any tax, interest or penalties that may ensure should HMRC determine there are further liabilities.
The professional fees for attending to all aspects of the work – discussing this with you, responding to HMRC’s enquires and keeping you informed regarding likely outcomes can be substantial, so our Fee Protection service is an important aspect of ensuring you do not have to concern yourselves with our fees.
Please contact us today to find our more about our Fee Protection service and how the small annual premium could protect you and your business from unwelcome additional costs.
Without Alexander Sloan’s assistance and highlighting the benefits of Xero, I would have wasted so much time and effort. What made the decision straightforward was knowing that I had the support of Alexander Sloan in the background to provide expert assistance when required.
Alan Dickson, Secretary, Grand Lodge of the Royal Order of Scotland