Finance is the lifeblood of any business. At every stage in its growth a business needs to maintain a balance between a positive cashflow and adequate working capital on the one hand and a reasonable return on investment on the other.
Directors’ drawings, shareholder dividends, and debt repayments need to be carefully orchestrated to ensure that the smooth running and continued growth of the business are not jeopardised.
All these matters require a keen, professional eye to develop and constantly adjust an appropriate and flexible finance structure for your company.
Then there are the special finance requirements for business expansion, mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, and MBIs. Preparing business plans and finance applications and identifying and approaching appropriate lending sources require expertise and professional insight if the best possible results are to be achieved.
Finally there are the financial implications of ensuring a suitable exit route for the current business owners.
Whether yours is a new or a mature business, ensuring that you have the necessary finance is essential for achieving your objectives. Indeed, one of the most common causes of business failure is badly structured or inadequate financing.
We can help you:
- Conduct a feasibility study of your projects
- Decide on the most suitable sources of finance – personal capital, bank overdraft, long-term commercial loans and mortgages, national and regional agencies, venture capital, or equity capital
- Prepare the necessary business plan, forecasts, prospectuses, etc.
- Present your proposals to your chosen finance source
- Arrange a disposal, merger/acquisition, or management buyout/in
We appointed Alexander Sloan as auditors five years ago and we were impressed by their knowledge and experience with the credit union sector, and pleasantly surprised by their competitive quote. They have a professional team who understand credit unions. I have no hesitation in recommending Alexander Sloan to any credit union considering a new audit firm.
Paul Treece, Treasurer, Lewisham Credit Union