Finance is the lifeblood of any business. At every stage in its growth a business needs to maintain a balance between a positive cashflow and adequate working capital on the one hand and a reasonable return on investment on the other.
Directors’ drawings, shareholder dividends, and debt repayments need to be carefully orchestrated to ensure that the smooth running and continued growth of the business are not jeopardised.
All these matters require a keen, professional eye to develop and constantly adjust an appropriate and flexible finance structure for your company.
Then there are the special finance requirements for business expansion, mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, and MBIs. Preparing business plans and finance applications and identifying and approaching appropriate lending sources require expertise and professional insight if the best possible results are to be achieved.
Finally there are the financial implications of ensuring a suitable exit route for the current business owners.
Whether yours is a new or a mature business, ensuring that you have the necessary finance is essential for achieving your objectives. Indeed, one of the most common causes of business failure is badly structured or inadequate financing.
We can help you:
- Conduct a feasibility study of your projects
- Decide on the most suitable sources of finance – personal capital, bank overdraft, long-term commercial loans and mortgages, national and regional agencies, venture capital, or equity capital
- Prepare the necessary business plan, forecasts, prospectuses, etc.
- Present your proposals to your chosen finance source
- Arrange a disposal, merger/acquisition, or management buyout/in
I recognised the requirement for quality professional accountancy advice when looking to set up a franchise back in 2008. Since that date Kevin Booth has managed all elements of our business and personal accountancy needs. He has very good technical knowledge, an in-depth knowledge of franchising and we can always rely on him for independent guidance and advice.
Bernard McKay, Director, Cost and Procurement Management Ltd