Audit and Assurance
Alexander Sloan is a Registered Auditor and we have six Responsible Individuals able to sign Audit Reports on behalf of the firm. External Audit is a key feature of our compliance services and our audits are carried out in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
Having Alexander Sloan audit your financial statements has many benefits:
- You receive an accurate, ‘true and fair’ account of your true financial position
- We have the opportunity to identify any potential areas of weakness in your business and advise you on appropriate remedial action
- You have a professionally documented basis for future finance applications, reports, etc
- You have peace of mind of knowing your accounts are in full compliance statutory requirements
- The overall image and reputation of your business is greatly enhanced by your being able to present audited accounts
Besides helping you meet the statutory requirements, we also conduct a review of your financial controls and systems. This can often result in us identifying potential problem areas and recommending opportunities to improve your business performance. We discuss the problems and opportunities with you and help you implement any agreed solutions.
Other assurance work we carry out include reports for grant claims with bodies such as Scottish Enterprise or Innovate UK.
Please contact us if you wish to invite Alexander Sloan to tender for your external audit or if you want to find out more about how our audit and assurance services can benefit your organisation.
Without Alexander Sloan’s assistance and highlighting the benefits of Xero, I would have wasted so much time and effort. What made the decision straightforward was knowing that I had the support of Alexander Sloan in the background to provide expert assistance when required.
Alan Dickson, Secretary, Grand Lodge of the Royal Order of Scotland