At Alexander Sloan, we have a team experienced in acting for both franchisors and franchisees.
Franchising has become an extremely popular way for businesses to grow. Our Franchising team can help franchisors at all stages of their franchising journey – from the initial stages of franchising their business, through day-to-day management of their franchise network, and onwards to the sale of a network to a new owner. We are committed to helping small and medium sized businesses achieve their growth objectives.
Our Franchising team is experienced in providing business, financial and tax advice to prospective and existing franchisees.
How we advise Franchisees and Franchisors
Alexander Sloan can assist in the development of franchises in a number of ways:
- Cash Flow Modelling - assisting a franchisee to prepare appropriate cash flow models based on the projection from the franchisor or reviewing the franchisor’s models.
- Developing the Business Plan - Adding financial models with appropriate narrative in a suitable package for potential backers or funders.
- Fundraising – Alexander Sloan can help you find where the funding is going to come from to purchase the franchise and provide assistance in negotiating with the bank.
- Managing the accounting function – our team can advise on the best model for managing the finances of the franchise, invaluable in order to properly control any business. We can assist with projections, book keeping, preparation of VAT Returns, monthly accounting information, etc.
- Tax - Our tax department is able to provide expert tax planning advice as well as ensuring that our franchise clients meet all compliance matters with HM Revenue & Customs. In particular, we are very experienced in mixing corporate and personal tax advice which is extremely important to owner managed companies such as franchisees. We have expertise in corporate and personal taxation, specialist VAT consultancy, PAYE and NIC.
- Financial Services - It is important for self employed individuals to plan for all eventualities and our Financial Services arm can assist franchisees in ensuring they have adequately planned for the future and have the necessary level of protection in place for their business.
- Payroll - Providing an efficient bureau service, our fully authorised BACS payroll department ensures clients meet all legal requirements giving them peace of mind and releasing their time to allow them to run their business.
- Business Planning – Our experienced team is keen to fulfill an advisory role with our clients, helping them to overcome various issues they may encounter as their business grows and ultimately supporting them in the sale of their business.
For more details on how Alexander Sloan can help in this area please contact Kevin Booth.